In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Apple Bars

I really wanted to make the Raspberry Bars from the Smitten Kitchen site, but I had a whole bag of apples that I got from the Farmer's Market on Wednesday that I didn't realize were bruised when I bought them, and were going to rot fast if I didn't use them. I followed the raspberry bar recipe exactly, but used apples instead. I think I put a little too much of the crumbly stuff on top however. They did not hold together as nicely as the raspberry ones in the picture. They are really tasty anyway.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at those beauties!!

    I'm not that great at baking and sometimes i will attempt pies with pre made dough...but your apple bars look pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails