In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Nutcracker Cake

With all the craziness of the holidays and so many other goodies out there. I just couldn't seem to get this cake for the Cake Slice Bakers done by the 20th. I finally got around to baking it on the 24th, but we have been so full that I didn't frost it until two days after Christmas. I took in a lot of comments from others about the cake being dry and soaked the rum syrup in after the cake cooled. I then wrapped the cake in plastic wrap and let in sit in a cool place until we ate it. It definately was not dry. I have to say I was not as crazy about this particular cake as I was about some of the others in this book. I feel like it needed more flavor, maybe more chocolate. I am really looking forward to the next edition of the Cake Slice Bakers, I have a feeling the next one is going to be really good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails