In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Maple Chipotle Sauce

It's fall...still...in Fairbanks, Alaska! I'm loving it! Really, it is not unheard of to have below zero temperatures this time of year. Certainly there should be snow by now. So, I'm having a hard time keeping myself inside. This is my favorite time of year to dawdle around in the woods; perfect temperature, no mosquitoes, and no snow. Yesterday I don't think we got any further than 3 miles from home and yet we (me and the dogs) managed to lose track of 4 hours.
On days when I would rather not spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen, quesadillas are my "fast food" of choice. With a little advance preparation they can be quite the filling and tasty dinner. This maple chipotle sauce is the base for my favorite yam and pepita quesadillas. Every time I make this sauce I think it is going to be too much and I wonder how I will use it all up, but then it just seems to magically disappear. I'll throw a few tablespoons in a pot of chili, add it to re-fried beans for a dip, smear it on grilled cheese...the possibilities are endless.

Amazon.com
Maple Chipotle Sauce
inspired by Rebar Modern Food Cookbook

6 oz. can tomato paste
7 oz. can chipotle peppers in adobo
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil

Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one month. 

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd like to try this with grilled chicken, the sweet and smokey combination sounds irresistible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails